FMBC COVID-19 Adjustment
Date: March 19th, 2020
ATTN: FMBC AND FRIENDS
The following action steps have been taken by FMBC Leadership due to COVID-19.
Action Step 1: Live Streaming Services
Until further notice, church service will be held over video through Facebook Live and Video recordings starting Sunday Morning March 22nd at 10:00 AM for 30-45 minutes.
Action Step 2: Hour of Power
Until further notice, Hour of Power will be conducted through the platform Zoom: Video Conference. Next Hour of Power is Wednesday, March 25, 2020. For assistance with Zoom please Contact: Kiawa Bynum 415-690 9218 or by email bynum. [email protected] between the Hours 5 pm – 6 pm and 8 pm – 9pm. Zoom is strictly for Wednesday bible studies and possibly Sunday morning bible study before worship. (9:00am – 9:45am
If members do not have any online capabilities, the media ministry will be provided you with CD’s of previous recorded sermon by the Pastor Leggett. Please Contact: Charles Huff 1707591-1017 [email protected]
Action Step 3: Tithes and Offerings
The church encourages everyone to continue to give by going online and supporting the church through:
- Paypal through our FMBC website
- Checks- Mail to our church at 501 Drake Avenue Marin City, CA 95965
- Givelify– Once you download the app through phone or computer, go to search window and type First Missionary Baptist Marin City
Action Step 4: Prayer Line
Prayer line will add additional prayer times
(additional prayer times in red)
6:30 am-7:00 am
7:30 pm-8:00 pm
7:00 am-7:30 am
7:30 pm-8:00 pm
9 pm-9:30 pm
Topic 3a: Members are encouraged to call a member every day
Action Step 5
FMBC members are asked to contact one member of our congregation everyday of the week for duration of our Shelter in Place time. A Contact list of members emails and phone numbers will be attached to this email.
Although social distancing is a must right now It can be even harder on those who are Depressed, Lonely, Fearful or have Mental Disorders. Please remember to use the Church Phone Tree to connect with current members or members we have not seen in a while you will be surprised how a familiar voice can help someone get through the day.
Things you can do:
- Facetime – join, pray, listen, and lift their spirits
- Share- a funny story or scriptures that encourage you in your darkest moments
- Assist– Encourage them to sign up with Zoom or Facebook so they can participate our online worship
- Mail– an encouraging card or write a thoughtful note
- Let them know– you are going to drop essentials by their front door to show that you care.
What can you do to serve our/your community?
Action Step 6
Notifications will be through phone, email, and Facebook. FMBC will periodically send updates to church members about possible events throughout the week.
Pray for the:
- Loved ones and friends who were affected and succumbed by the virus
- Essential workers, especially the medical providers, who are working diligently to make everyone safe and healthy
- World leaders that they receive wisdom from God to make difficult decisions everyday during this time
- Unemployed who lost their jobs recently and financially struggling
- Vulnerable in our congregation and city
- People weighed down by worry